About Northacre Renewable Energy
Northacre Renewable Energy Limited is a company formed by The Hills Group working with investment partners to build a renewable energy centre to generate power in the form of electricity and heat to supply local businesses and the National Grid.
Planning permission for the development was granted in 2015. View the planning decision here.
Part of a local circular economy, using fuel made from local waste to generate renewable energy
- Generating 25.50MW of electricity
- Contributing to the local renewable energy market
- Provide a viable local outlet for Wiltshire’s SRF
- Reduce local waste currently sent to landfill
- Creating local permanent employment
- Promoting a sustainable Wiltshire and Wiltshire’s aspiration for a green economy
- Recover energy from materials not suitable for reprocessing
Located on the Northacre Industrial Park on Stephenson Road, the plant will be located between Hills’ existing Northacre Resource Recovery Centre (MBT plant) and Arla Foods Westbury Dairies. Access to the site will be from Stephenson Road, which links via the B3097 to the A350.