Planning and development proposals
The links below provide detailed information on the planning applications we intend to make or have submitted for approval by local authorities.
- Upwood Quarry – request for prior approval of the installation of a concrete batching plant .
Waste management and recycling
Delivering the new harmonised waste and recycling collection service
In February 2011 Wiltshire Council made the decision to move to a harmonised waste and recycling collection service. This means that all parts of Wiltshire will receive the same service. In its role as the waste management contractor to Wiltshire Council, Hills Waste Solutions has made or will be making the following planning applications, to incorporate new technologies and handling methods. Changes to the way that Hills Waste Solutions works will ensure that the county's waste management and recycling needs are met.
- Amesbury, 20 Mills Way - planning permission granted for a recyclables management facility
- Purton, Parkgate Farm - implementation of existing planning permission for additional composting capacity
- Lower Compton - A planning application for materials recovery facilities for domestic and commercial/industrial waste, transport and redesigned access was originally submitted in August 2011. Further information under a Reg 19 request was submitted in October 2012 and a replacement Reg 19 response has been submitted in May 2013.
- Calne, Porte Marsh Industrial Estate - planning permission has been granted for a temporary waste transfer station and recycling centre that is needed until the facilities at Lower Compton are operational
- Westbury - Northacre resource recovery centre - The planning application for the inclusion of a fabric filter on the building
was approved on 9 January 2013
- Swindon, Chapel Farm - extension of planning permission to 2016.